This week I spoke with google analytics consultant, Emily Patterson, about Facebook advertising. Although Emily specializes in helping large non-profits like PBS, and The Better Business Bureau make smarter website decisions by leveraging data from Google Analytics. She’s also very experienced in using Facebook advertising to fill the top of your lead funnel. So today she tells us how membership site owners can get started using Facebook ads.
Yes, we are related, but I asked her to be on the show because she really knows her stuff. And, as a small business owner herself, she has the same problems and opportunities as the rest of us.
Emily’s Top Tips
- Have a clear offer
- Be very clear about the audience you plan to target
- Make your ad look like your landing page
- Set up a tracking pixel on your website
- Facebook is best for “top of the funnel” as opposed to closing sales.
Things Not to Do
- Use the Facebook Boost Your Post suggestion
- Send traffic to your home page with no reason
- Create ads to be “click bait.”
Links form the Show
- Emily’s Website
- Join Emily’s Newsletter
- Adspresso Academy Blog
- WP Beginner article about Facebook pixel tracking